Monday, November 4, 2013

An Interview with blogger/writer Melissa Blake of "So About What I Said..."

Writer/Blogger extrodinaire, Melissa Blake of the blog "So About What I Said..." is a huge inspiration to us ladies here at Boxie Tees. She is so talented, sincere, and beautiful and she did a blog interview about our shop? We thank you, Melissa. So, we are going to highlight you! Here is a bit about Melissa and what makes her and her blog so magical:
Welcome, friends! I was born in 1981 and have always called the Midwest home. Writing was my first true love. I was born with Freeman-Sheldon Syndrome, a genetic bone and muscular disorder, and I’ve had more than 26 surgeries, including surgeries on my knees, hands, hips and spine. I credit much of my independence to my parents, who taught me never to let my disability define me. And growing up, writing was always a way for me to express myself and explore my world beyond the confines of my disability. I studied journalism in college, where I worked on my school’s newspaper in every position from staff reporter to editor-in-chief. After graduating from Northern Illinois University with a journalism degree in 2005, I began my career as a freelance writer. I wrote a weekly newspapercolumn for nearly five years; my slice-of-life column covered family, holidays, love and pop culture. I was also a blogger for Psychology Today, where I wrote about living a full life with a physical disability, and also blogged about my search for love with a disability for Online Dating magazine. I’ve also written for RedbookGlamourThe Frisky, theChicago TribuneChicago ParentPregnancy and most recently xoJane
I launched So About What I Said… in November 2008 as the natural next step in my writing career. The title of the blog comes from my tendency to sometimes say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and then wishing you could go back and say, “so about what I said…” I’ve always envisioned my blog – even from the beginning – kind of like a magazine, and I’ve loved writing about such things as love, my disabilityfashionshoppingdesign,food and home décor.  
Melissa, thank you for all your contributions to our lives. We will keep reading!!!!
xoxoxo
Boxie Tees
Be friends with Melissa:


Thanks to everyone for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment